Friday, April 4, 2014

Meet Maddie

With Mirror Image 20 days away from it's launch, I figured I would take the opportunity to introduce Madison Mackenzie Rhodes.

Maddie is a former Engineer with her Master's in physics. The reason she never went after her doctorate was due to the man she was dating. Medium height, dark blonde hair, sweetheart face. Her strength, brilliance, and strength shines through her blue eyes. Maddie is always the type that reaches for her brain power before weapons. She would rather negotiate than fight.

She loves her family and puts others above her even at great personal cost. Maddie is open and honest. But don't mistake her sweetness with weakness. She's strong and capable, ready to tackle the most difficult of challenges head on. It's her fierceness and tenacity which drives her.

I should just let John explain about Maddie. He puts her into words better than I can:

"I'm not going to waste any more of your time, repeating what I'm sure fifteen other agents have told you. Truth is, Mack doesn't compare to her."
"To whom?"
"Maddie. Don't get me wrong, I love Mack. She's one of my best friends. But Maddie…" John paused, choosing his words carefully. "Maddie is magical. She really is. I have never met anyone, including Mack, as beautiful as she is inside and out."

John sat up straight in his chair, removing his feet from the table. He blew out another puff from his cigarette then placed it in the ash tray. He ran his fingers through his unruly copper hair, attempting to convey his thoughts correctly.

"She's someone I have been waiting my entire life for. I just didn't know it until recently. Well, that may not be a hundred percent true. I used to watch my clone on my apartment monitor, hoping I would see her. The idea I might not be able to hold her soon…" John paused, running his fingers through his hair again. "That is more than I can stand. She may have been created in a lab but she's more real than any other woman I have ever met. She has a light inside of her that illuminates an entire room. You can't help but be drawn to her."
"You sound like you love her."

"With every ounce of me." John breathed deeply.

I can't wait to introduce her and her counterpart, Mack, on April 25th. Check out the official cover art! Head over to kgstutts.webs.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment