Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Croceus Poison

May 22nd will be here before you know it! And you know what that means....

No?

The second installment of the Amethyst Chronicles will be released!

Synopsis:

Ember Wilson lost it all when she lost her Amethyst transformation. Her abilities, her team, and her self confidence seemed to vanish with her purple eyes. She has to find out who she is when she's not Amethyst. Her internal conflict will tear at those who care the most.

Through her soul searching, she pushes everyone away. She's afraid to accept herself, let alone the love of the men who desire her. When a lead to resolving her situation is presented, she will risk everything to follow it. In the end, is Amethyst worth risking her heart?
Excerpt:

“Are you okay?” Lewis asked.
“Right as snow.”

She hoped to sound clear and confident, but she could hear her voice falter. A hand was placed above her knee, but she rolled away.

“So, it’s like that?” Lewis’s voice was dark. “That’s all it was?”
“What did you expect?” she sharply questioned. “You know how this goes.”
“Yeah, right. I’m probably the only person on this planet who can relate to you, and you’re shutting me out, just like you shut Ross out.”
“You really think so?” Ember sat up, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared. “Where do you get off? You think you can relate? On what planet could you possibly understand? You still have amethyst coursing through your veins!”
“Because I know what it’s like to feel ordinary and then feel invincible. I still remember what it was like waking up in the morning before Genesis. Honestly, I don’t know how you’re still standing. I get why you’re depressed. You have every reason to be. But Ember, I’ve seen you at your best, and I was there at your worst. This isn’t it.”

His words struck her hard. Ember rubbed her face with her hands and took a deep breath.

“We’ve always had a connection, Ember.” He reached over and ran a finger down her arm. “Even before all this. You were the reason why I volunteered for the Genesis Project, remember?”
“Yeah, I remember.”
“I knew you before, and I know you now. Ross can’t be there for you like I can, so let me.”

She looked hard at him for a moment before grumbling.

“Liam is right. You really are an ass.”
“Why? Because I make sense?”
“Shut up.”
Lewis laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes.” He leaned over and kissed the tip of your nose. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
She slapped him, but there was no force behind the blow. “Don’t get cocky.”

He winked and got up from the bed. As soon as he left, Ember kicked back the remaining covers and gathered her clothes. After she dressed for bed, she brushed her teeth and washed her face. Ember patting her face dry as she gazed into the mirror.

What the hell am I doing? She wondered. Where do I go from here? She leaned in, nearly pressing her nose to the glass. Who am I? My reflection doesn’t match me anymore. She sighed and opened up her medicine cabinet. After filling the cup of water on her sink, she grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills, popped two into her mouth, and downed the glass of water. She barely managed to crawl under the covers in her bed before drifting off.
 


Like the cover? Eager for the second book? Sound off in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment