Saturday, March 1, 2014

SFR Brigade presents: Mirror Image

Welcome to the Science Fiction Romance Brigade Presents, a weekly sneak peek sampler hosted by the SFR Brigade

Readers: enjoy brief glimpses of currently available, soon to be released books, or works in progress. Authors are sharing short excerpts for your enjoyment. Please have fun and spread the joy. 

I'm a proud member of the Sci-Fi Romance Brigade. Not familiar? Sci-Fi Romance Brigade Facebook or SFR Brigade home  (The link is here to find this week’s excerpts from novels or WIP written by other Science Fiction Romance Brigade group members. A fun way to sample new books!)

So without further delay, here's a sneak peak at my upcoming sci-fi release, Mirror Image, book one in a trilogy to be launched on April 25th! That's right, I have an official release date now. Make sure you bookmark your calendars. If you haven't already, like my author page at Facebook.com/KGStutts or bookmark this blog for info as the launch gets closer. Thanks for reading!


Mack sighed. It was time to give Jackson his orders.

"Gray," Jackson answered his cell phone.
"It's me." Mack said.
"What's the word?" Jackson asked.
"The Commander wants to bring her in," Mack answered.
"Are you serious? A clone at the ISC?"
"That's his orders."
"What happened to keeping an eye on her and watch for Gorium?"
"He thinks we need to keep her under lock and key."
"That's crazy."

Mack could hear the dismay in Jackson's voice.

"The Commander thinks she is special," Mack informed him.
"Special?" Jackson asked, in a surprised tone.
"He seems to think she is somehow unique from other clones."
"What makes him say that?"
"I don't know. He won't tell me. But it's Charlie. He must have his reasons."
"Interesting. What's the plan?"
"It's up to you how you get her here. Just be discreet," Mack warned him.
"You realize how silly you sound saying that."
"I know," she sighed. "Just do me a favor. Don't take her during the party."
"Understood."
"Think you can handle this?"
"I think I can handle you," Jackson chuckled deep in his throat.
"You're going to pay for that later."

"Looking forward to it," Jackson's tone was light.


4 comments:

ML Skye said...

Nice snippet. Clones are always intriguing to me. So many possibilities for great story.

Veronica Scott said...

Nice tight military style dialog, establishes a mood for sure. Interesting excerpt!

Catrina Taylor said...

I love this. Really a great set up for a fantastic series to come ;)

Duchess Writer said...

Wow! That whets my appetite! Can't wait to read the rest!! :o)

Post a Comment