Monday, January 13, 2020

Personal blog: Gallifrey falls no more



Sorry, this isn't a blog about Doctor Who. The title will make sense, I assure you.

Recently I wrote a downer but true blog about how I was feeling. I didn't post the link on my social media but I didn't want to leave such a sour note on here. Yes, I am doing much better and am in a better mental state than I was when I last updated here.

How I was feeling was deeply affecting my husband. It was affecting so many aspects of our lives it wasn't fair to him. It broke my heart hearing him confess that he was afraid it was going to damage our relationship. I just couldn't let that continue. It took some soul searching to pull me out of the funk.Instead of focusing on the bad, I found the good again. My positive nature eventually won out.

There's a reason why people make new years resolutions. A new year feels like a fresh slate, a clean notebook waiting for the pen. Suddenly I couldn't wait to fill pages with my purple ink marks. I don't have to wallow. I can take control. A new shift bid will be coming out soon at work that will help with feeling like all I do is work and sleep. In the meantime, we started on a better daily routine that has been a huge help. All my life, time management has been a huge problem for me, but it's getting better.

Also after a few missteps, I have started back on the keto lifestyle. I just want to physically feel good again and today I started that journey. The first goal is to be under 200 pounds by Valentine's Day. Got 30 days to lose the first 15. I think that's manageable.

I will carve more time out to write. Ember has been getting in my ear lately, painting a beautiful picture of the fourth book. I can't wait to start exploring it more. Soon I will have three lovely new covers to update on the Mirror series with. I also plan to update the paperback so expect a new post about that soon!

I really am feeling better about myself and the new year. I am excited for the challenges that lie ahead with the next few months.

The Doctor thought his world was gone. All he had left was a painting depicting its destruction. I felt that in my heart over the last month or so. Like what was good in me had vanished and all was left was a shell. But he learned that all was not lost, his planet and his people was restored. Today, I am that painting. No longer a shell of who I was, but a shining example of what I am and will become. Gallifrey Falls No More

0 comments:

Post a Comment